Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association was originally formed as the Crawford County Dairy Association in 1871.
Within 17 years, the county group had become a statewide organization with a focus on supporting
Pennsylvania dairy farms.
In 1954, Association joined together with the valley Grange #1360 from Lewisberry, Pa. to serve hand-dipped milkshakes at the Pa. Farm Show. More than 60 years later, the Association now serves 140,000 of vanilla, chocolate and mixed milkshakes each year!
Proceeds benefit agricultural scholarships, youth programs and educational programs across the state.
The PA Dairymen’s Association is governed by a Board of Directors made-up of dairy farmers and industry associates. The Association’s executive director is Dave Smith.